The funny disease.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This Just In: I Could Give a Steaming Cow Flop

Things I wish they would stop "reporting" in the news:

  • American Idol
  • 24 (I didn’t used hate Kiefer Sutherland’s guts, but I’m working on it)
  • Brittany Spears
  • Tom Cruise
  • Dirty Restaurants
  • The News Anchor’s palatial estate
  • News Anchors who pretend to be everyday people after mentioning their palatial estate
  • Puff pieces that amount to sycophantic advertising for their Network/Parent Company
  • The latest horrible thing that will definitely kill me, if I don’t watch their report on it
  • David Blaine’s latest asinine stunt
  • Stories about psychics/mediums/leprechauns
  • What the new black is

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Yeah, the news is all crap!! The Anchor for the locl news acts like he's tyring out for CNN but he's just a jackass. Not as big a jackass as the Wx Bozo, though.

I don't get the "new black" stuff. From now on it is just Robot Chicken and the Daily Show for me.

5/09/2006 3:41 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

I get all of my news from the Daily Show and Robot Chicken.

5/09/2006 5:17 PM

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

"Dicks with Time Machines" is my favorite bit on Robot Chicken - Bucka-buck!!

5/10/2006 3:10 AM

 
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

SL

Just turn it off, I did, and I sleep better,my blood pressure has come down and I have lost weight. I refuse to give up the Daily Show however, one must remain informed musn't one.

5/10/2006 5:28 AM

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Yeah! Stewart was railing on Rummey last night - showed what a lying sack the Rumster really is!!

5/10/2006 10:30 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

Phos--I saw that. It really made me afraid for our country. Not that I wasn't already.

Pay--I think we could add "Cute missing blond girl of the month." I do feel bad for these kids. But how many times has the national media wrung its ratings-greedy little hands over a missing child who wasn't cute and blond and female? I just can't think of any.

5/12/2006 7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 100% behind you on the David Blaine thing. There's just something about the guy that I don't like. The way he talks, his stupid tricks, it all annoys me. And yet, my husband insisted on watching the end of his stupid bubble stunt this week. Ugh. I hate that guy.

5/12/2006 10:18 AM

 
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I agreed with every single one of your bullet points.

Thankfully, I don't watch any TV, but the radio has the same tidbits and dire warnings and asinine content as TV... I guess the sole blessing is that no images accompany the stories.

5/26/2006 11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home