The funny disease.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Apprentice" Update: Donald Trump and Martha Stewart--Capitalist Moguls or Petulant Children?

It appears that Martha and The Donald are still at odds over the cancellation of Martha’s version of the "Apprentice." Stewart recently repeated her claim in Newsweek that her show failed because Trump’s "Apprentice" was still on the air. She said that if she had fired him as they had discussed, her show would have done better. Trump denounced her "Apprentice" in a letter, even going so far as to say she made up the “firing” as she made up her sell order on her shares of ImClone. (As if Donald Trump was a sparkly clean, Dudley Do-Right of the business world.)

And as much as it pains me, I think I'm going to have to stick up for Stewart. Mark Burnett, the producer of "Apprentice," confirms that they did discuss canceling Trump's "Apprentice." And honestly, how many overbearing business personalities on reality shows can the American viewing audience take on a weekly basis?

NBC and The Donald should have taken my advice and sent Martha a nice gift basket. I think it’s too late for that now. And it’s almost too bad I won’t be there to witness die-hard, snowman-cupcake-baking fans of Stewart hissing at The Donald like geese. Not because I agree with that kind of behavior, but because I would like to see if Trump's hair responds.

Trump continues bashing Stewart, in an apparently manipulative bid to be interviewed by Newsweek, also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home